Our vision for the Sea Gate Elementary School Community is a safe, caring environment wherein each student is challenged to his/her potential, experiences success daily, develops self-respect, independence, a sense of responsibility, and a love of learning through cooperation among all stakeholders.
Our mission for the Sea Gate Elementary School Community is a safe, cooperative, and positive learning environment that encourages all members to achieve their highest potential with the support of parents and the community. In achieving this mission, the following character traits will be emphasized: Respect, responsibility, fairness, honesty, kindness, perseverance, and self-discipline.
We believe at Sea Gate Elementary School that:
- Students are the number one priority.
- Students’ learning needs should be the ultimate focus of all decisions.
- All students can learn, however, in different ways and at different rates and depths.
- All students should be provided the opportunity to achieve their maximum potential.
- Learning occurs most effectively in an emotionally and physically safe environment.
- The District’s commitment to continuous improvement and the highest of standards is imperative for all students to become confident, self-directed lifelong learners.
- Students, families, teachers, administrators, and the community share responsibility for the improvement of the educational process.
- All students and employees should have respect for self and others in order to maintain individual dignity and worth
- Diversity and the respect for it, is essential for the full development of the individual and society.
- A “culture of character” must be pervasive in every phase of everything that is done at Sea Gate Elementary School.