1. First you'll be assigned to a team of 4 students.
Next, the team needs to decide on a
country to visit. It must be a foreign country, which means it is a place not
1. Each team member will take a different role to divide the work in planning your vacation. Choose a role for each person from the following: Departure Advisor, Hotel Reservation and Airline Ticket Agent, Adventures and Attractions Agent, Culinary Planner/Tipping Advisor.
2. Once you have chosen a role, you should print the worksheet from your role page to help you gather the information for your role.
3. If you read the directions and are confused about how to proceed, you can go to the Problem Solving Guide to help you with ideas on how to solve your mystery mathematically.
4. After you gather all the information for your worksheet, then you will bring all four members back together to see how you are doing with your budget. You have been given $40,000 total, or $10,000 each, for a seven-day vacation. Input on the computer your worksheet totals in US dollars using the Fantastic $40,000.00 Fantasy paper. (Note: If you go over budget, the Balance Remaining section will be in red. That means you donít have enough money and you need to go back and make different decisions as a group.)